Advice you can trust...
Search for Real Estate in and around Parksville
Fully renovated Uplands Family Home Backing onto Butternut Park. Enjoy the 2 level backyard, a sunny patio with room for the kids to play on this large 7080 sq. ft. lot . 2 new gas fireplaces to keep you warm and all new windows to keep down the hydro bills. New open concept kitchen with fantastic island, undermount sink and quartz counters. The lower level offers an oversized Family room a second bathroom, ...
Investor/Developer/Builder Alert! This prime Parksville ocean view lot has multifamily potential. Parksville Official Community Plan indicates RS3 Multi Family Residential. Or bring your ideas to renovate this 3 bed 2 full bath home. Rent it out while you apply for rezoning, or keep it as an income property. All measurements to be verified if important.
Paradise found! This very private 1.22 acre property has been professionally landscaped for low maintenance. The home has been lovingly renovated with slate floors and maple hardwood, wool carpeting and and handmade cabinets. Walking trails out your door, with Cowie Creek bordering the property. Perfect for an Air B and B, or bed and breakfast, with an unauthorized suite upstairs and 2 studios. Chef's kitchen...
Oceanfront opportunity!! Spectacular oceanfront views on over 17,000 sf lot, this Lindal Cedar home offers a wonderful opportunity to to own Nanoose Bay waterfront! Ready for your ideas this home has great bones. Plenty of room for an addition, or renovate to make it your waterfront dream home. Located between the Fairwinds Marina and Championship 18 hole golf course. Walk to both! 18 min. to all of the North...
Welcome to the latest phase in the Chartwell community. This impressive home was built by Paul Turner of Windward Construction and the enduring quality is obvious. From the concrete roof shingles to the Hardi Plank siding, heat pump with natural gas furnace as backup, and hot water on demand, this home was built with exacting standards. Over height doors and closets, solid maple cabinetry, granite counters, a...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015