Advice you can trust...
Search for Real Estate in and around Parksville
This lovely french Creek rancher is clean and move in ready. Open concept living and dining area, central kitchen with family room and 3 generous bedrooms are waiting for your ideas. The primary bedroom has 2 closets and and an ensuite with walk in shower. The large south facing back yard and covered patio are private, quiet and feature a small pond, mature trees, greenhouse numerous outbuildings and mature l...
The architectural details in this 6 yr old John Carey built home will impress! 11ft coffered ceilings in the great room and primary bedroom. 3 skylights with matching accents, quartz counters and engineered hardwood floors. Forced air furnace and natural gas fireplace to keep you warm and a heat pump to keep the cost down. The primary bedroom has his and hers walk in closets and a 5 piece ensuite bath with he...
This bright Corfield Glades rancher has a wonderful south facing back yard, with mature landscaping that will delight any gardener. With the biggest lot in the bare land strata complex, it boasts 2 patios, a garden shed and greenhouse. Grow your own tomatoes, or enjoy the raised beds with your very own raspberries, blueberries, thornless blackberries and strawberries. Apple, cherry and fig trees! Inside, the ...
Beautiful .65 acre building lot 2 minutes to Woodgrove Mall , Costco, Home Depot and all North Nanaimo amenities. Private and park like. Build your dream mini estate, or subdivide. Please check with City of Nanaimo for subdivision. Measurements from BC Asessments.
First time home owners and Investors, this neat and tidy home won't last long. This character home has had much of the hard work done. New windows, new drain tile, added insulation, updated plumbing. Some new electrical with permit, new fencing and landscaping, freshly painted and new carpet in Primary bedroom. This home is move in ready. There is even a glimpse of the ocean. Lane access would make rear par...
Fully renovated Uplands Family Home Backing onto Butternut Park. Enjoy the 2 level backyard, a sunny patio with room for the kids to play on this large 7080 sq. ft. lot . 2 new gas fireplaces to keep you warm and all new windows to keep down the hydro bills. New open concept kitchen with fantastic island, undermount sink and quartz counters. The lower level offers an oversized Family room a second bathroom, ...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015